Identity Based Resources
We are committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace - you are welcomed, respected, and supported in the Career Development Center
Our department's area of influence is career development and as such, we will continue discussing the ways in which racism impacts career decision-making, access to employment, and continuing education practices. We collectively dedicate ourselves to providing services and resources that will help level the playing field for all students, realizing that not everyone has equal access to career-related opportunities and networks. Regardless of your background or identity, it is our hope that you feel equipped to explore, prepare for, and act on your career goals and contribute your rich ideas, skills, and values to the world. As a staff, we strive to collaborate with you in making those goals a reality.
Employers and other organizations want to create inclusive cultures with diverse perspectives and are seeking individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Use the resources below to get started and consider meeting with a career coach for personalized coaching.
Have you utilized a helpful career resource that isn't included on this page? Email us at email@example.com to request its addition to this page.
- Career Opportunities for Students with Disabilities (COSD)
- Educational Testing Service: Resources for Candidates with Disabilities
- Lime Connect: Connects students and veterans to employers, internships, and fellowships
- Job Accommodation Network: Publications, Accommodations Database, and A-Z of Disabilities and Accommodations
- Getting Hired: Empowering Individuals & Veterans with Disabilities
- Workforce Recruitment Program: Connects employers to students and recent graduates with disabilities
- Office of Accessible Education at Loyola University New Orleans
- New Orleans JOB1 Business & Career Solutions: Connects New Orleans job seekers with additional services
- Office of Disability Employment Policy: Youth, Disclosure, and the Workplace
- YouTube Series: Disclosure & Your Job Search